EXPERTS IN DEALING WITH US EXPATRIATE TAXATION
U.S Tax Solutions For Americans Living Abroad
As a cross border tax accounting firm, we bring over 30 years of international tax expertise to our clients in Canada and the U.S.
US Expat Taxation Services
US International Tax Accountant Services
Are you looking for an International Tax Accountant to help with US-Canada or Canada-US tax preparation?
A. A. Ali, CPAspecializes in Canadian and American cross-border taxation. As a cross border tax accounting firm, we bring over 30 years of international tax expertise to our clients in Canada and the U.S. With offices in Toronto and New York City, we are ideally poised to help clients on either side of the border and are licensed to represent you in all states and provinces.
Effective tax preparation and planning can help minimize your future tax liability. A. A. Ali, CPA, is here to assist you in managing both your personal and business tax issues. We can help you understand future business opportunities and extrapolate and explain how these opportunities can impact your tax status and vice versa. Not all tax planning opportunities are apparent. With My Global Adviser, we ensure your benefit from these opportunities. We have the experience and understanding of how the local, state and federal tax legislation affects you and your business. We are constantly looking and identifying new ways to reduce liabilities at the local, state and federal level.
We have a comprehensive list of services to meet your needs:
- IRS Representation
- Tax Preparation and Planning
- IRS Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA)
- U.S Tax for Non-Residents Aliens (1040NR)
- U.S. Tax for citizens living outside the US
- Preparation of Forms 8288 and 8288A (FIRPTA)
- Accidental Americans Compliance Service
- FATCA reporting for foreign investors in the US (Form W-8BEN-E)
- EIN Application Process
- ITIN for foreign nationals (FORM W7)
- US Company formation-INC, LLC, Partnership
- Form 5471 Any U.S. citizen, corporation, partnership, trust, or estate who has at least 10% ownership in a foreign corporation, needs to file Form 5471.
- Form 1116 (Foreign Tax Credit) or 2555 (Foreign Earned Income Exclusion)
- 2555 (Foreign Earned Income Exclusion)
- Form 8938 vs FBAR
- Formation of Incorporations, LLC, SCorp and CCorp and Partnerships
- US Citizenship relinquishment (DS-4079) or renunciation (Form 8854 Expatriation]
- Renunciation (Form 8854 Expatriation]
- US tax reporting of foreign income, foreign assets, foreign businesses, foreign pension
- Social Security Treaty Claims
- American investors in passive foreign investment companies and mutual funds Form 8621
- Form 3520 Annual Return to Report Transactions with Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts
- GILTI Form 8992
- Streamlined Filing
- Form 965
Taxation – US
The US is one of a few countries where taxes are based on citizenship regardless of physical residence and new legislation is in place that targets US citizens who have not been filing US tax returns.US tax rules also extend beyond US citizens to those foreign persons carrying on business in the US or holding US investments in real estate or stock of US corporations. Many Non-US persons are subject to US gift tax on certain real estate transactions and also subject to US death taxes on US property. In line with this, we have seasoned staff (CPA’s) in dealing with these issues. We prepare all forms of US Tax Returns including applications for ITIN.
Expat Taxation: US Citizens and Alien Residents living outside the United States
Myglobaladviser can assist you in the formation of any of entities listed here in any state of the US.
LLC A limited liability company (LLC) is a business structure in the United States whereby the owners are not personally liable for the company’s debts or liabilities. Limited liability companies are hybrid entities that combine the characteristics of a corporation with those of a partnership or sole proprietorship.
C CORP A C corporation (or C-corp) is a legal structure for a corporation in which the owners, or shareholders, are taxed separately from the entity. … The taxing of profits from the business is at both corporate and personal levels, creating a double taxation situation..
SCORP S corporations are corporations that elect to pass corporate income, losses, deductions, and credits through to their shareholders for federal tax purposes. Shareholders of S corporations report the flow-through of income and losses on their personal tax returns and are assessed tax at their individual income tax rates. This allows S corporations to avoid double taxation on the corporate income. S corporations are responsible for tax on certain built-in gains and passive income at the entity level.
Call today to schedule an appointment!